Wednesday, February 18, 2009

RPM Day 18: Missing Only Five Minutes!

Whoa! Lately I've been busy writing songs instead of blog entries. The RPM Challenge is progressing well: I have about 30 minutes of material waiting for the final touches and mixing.

I started the challenge with a project name Stranger At The Dinner. I picked a fresh name for this project because I didn't want to restrict myself mentally to anything I have done before... But I found myself writing postrock pieces again, so I renamed the project back to Trailing Space, which is my "real" postrock project.

The album will have quite a lot of contrasts: Quiet little piano and string compositions, buzzing doom metal, slow triphop moments, atonal ambient soundscapes and big dynamic changes. Everything still seems to fit together and the tracks form a story, although there is no vocals.

I am not going to post preview mixes or cover graphics now, but I tease you with the song names. These are the songs I have written during this February:
  1. Gazing Solemnly At The Ever Dimming Horizon
  2. The Awakening
  3. Like Burning Cities Painting a Crimson Sky
  4. 1565 Lemaitre
  5. Everlasting Punishment, Everyone Welcome
  6. All Solace Be Buried
These songs will end to the RPM release. I will make also an "official" Internet release later, which will also include older unreleased material, like Every Heart Will Be Attacked, Kill Your Darlings and And The Rockets Dead Glare. Those are tracks I have written for theater performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment