Friday, January 23, 2009

Ilkka Hänninen - Soundscapes For The Stages



I have made music for numerous theatrical performances. Usually I use some old tracks, sometimes remix them, but of course I always compose some new material. I have selected five tracks originally composed for two performances to form an ambient compilation named Soundscapes For The Stages. All of these tracks are improvised live performances played in my home studio with softsynths and keyboard.

In year 2006 Elina Väänänen was directing a version of Shakespeare's The Tempest and she was in need for ambient. Lots of my earlier ambient tracks were used (available at scene.org), but I also composed five new pieces. One of the tracks was never used and another one (Principia Etchica) has been already released in Trailing Space's album Like Saturn Devours His Own Children. The rest three pieces are on this compilation and they are called Cezannen kuvat, Derridan metodologia and Sulava aika. The names of the songs have nothing to do with the play itself.

Next year Väänänen was continuing with Shakespeare. This time she was making a sci-fi version of Richard III. She asked me if she could use again my music and I ended up to compose two new tracks, simply named Rikhard I and Rikhard II.

  1. Cezannen kuvat (4:50)
  2. Derridan metodologia (4:16)
  3. Sulava aika (7:13)
  4. Rikhard I (20:53)
  5. Rikhard II (9:22)
So, what are you waiting for? Listen to it online at last.fm!

No comments:

Post a Comment